Job DescriptionInterpreter/Translator, USAID CEGAH, Asia Pacific
USAID CEGAH is a 5-year program dedicated towards strengthening Indonesia’s Community of Accountability. This includes components on rule of law strengthening, accountability and anti-corruption, public service integrity, access to information and civil society strengthening.
**Please note: this is a locally-hired position, open to Indonesian citizens**
The Interpreter/Translator shall provide technically accurate translations of requested documents from Bahasa to English and English to Bahasa. The candidate is also responsible for providing technically accurate verbal interpretations from Bahasa to English and English to Bahasa.
- Translate written program documents into English and Bahasa.
- Conduct consecutive and simultaneous oral translations during meetings.
- Translate training materials from English into Bahasa Indonesia.
- Delegate translation and interpretation assignments to non-staff translators and interpreters.
- Track the progress and completion of translated documents.
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by COP, DCOP and Program Manager.
- Fluency in both English and Bahasa Indonesia (written and spoken) is required, as is an ability to quickly and accurately switch between Indonesian to English, and vice versa.
- Ability to quickly and accurately translate and interpret from Bahasa Indonesia to English, and vice versa.
- University/college degree required, preferably in English Education, International Development or a similar field.
- Good management and administrative skills.
- Have the capacity to work both independently as well as in a team setting.
- Willing to undertake field travel and work under demanding conditions.
- Ability to establish priorities and undertake assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively address multiple tasks.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.