Chief of Party,
USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity, Bangladesh
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity will be a central platform for ensuring that all development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical support services; evaluation of technical support services; and learning and adaptive management services.
The chief of party (COP) will bear primary responsibility for technical aspects of contract performance, including design and advice on M&E methods. S/he will provide central oversight and maintaining acceptable standards of quality for tasks assigned.
- Manage the project office, including supervision of Bangladesh-based expatriate and Bangladesh staff.
- Work with home office staff to identify and nominate technical specialists and consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Bangladesh, with USAID partner organizations, in conducting performance management support tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Advise and educate other partners/USAID teams/other contractors on policies and services offered by the project.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including annual work plans and other reports.
- Master’s degree or higher in management, organizational development, international development, social science, or a related field.
- At least 15 years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, monitoring and evaluation; and project sign.
- At least eight (8) years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage large complex programs (including subcontracts and satellite offices) in a multicultural environment; ability to provide consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise and adopt solutions.
- Fluency in English required; experience working in Bangladesh is desired.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.