Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party position on a USAID-funded program in Indonesia. The five-year USAID-funded Collaboration for Sustainable Fisheries in Indonesia Activity will focus on advancing Indonesia’s self-reliance to improve sustainable and equitable management of fisheries and reduce pressure to marine biodiversity. The Activity is anticipated to focus on improving evidence-based sustainable fisheries policies and its implementation for priority areas and fisheries; strengthening key fisheries value chains to support sustainable economic development; engaging increased private sector support for sustainable fisheries; and improving protection of endangered, threatened, protected (ETP) marine species and their habitats.
Chief of Party: The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for leading all technical, financial and administrative aspects of the program and will coordinate closely with USAID in developing, implementing, and revising the Activity’s overall field strategy. The COP will be the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other partners and provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors. The COP will provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including monitoring and evaluation, and reporting to USAID. This would be a full-time position and be based in Indonesia for the full life of project (anticipated five years).
* Provide overall leadership for the Activity and supervise teams of local and potentially expatriate staff;
* Provide technical expertise, lead annual activity work planning and support adaptive management of Activity as needed in accordance with the Activity’s objectives and targets;
* Manage Activity implementation, including overall responsibility for personnel and subcontractors, and efficient budgeting and financial management;
* Oversee technical activities and ensure interventions are impactful and achieve the results defined in the contract and targets as set in the monitoring, evaluation and learning plan;
* Ensure compliance with USAID rules and regulations;
* Evaluate and document Activity progress and lessons learned; and
* Assume responsibility for overall USAID contract management, ensuring quality control and timeliness of deliverables.
* Minimum of a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in marine/coastal resource management, marine biology or other marine science, fisheries resource management, or another relevant field;
* At least ten (10) years of experience working on fisheries management, marine and/or coastal conservation donor-funded projects, preferably in Indonesia;
* At least five (5) years in a director- or manager-level position, leading complex environment programming in an international development project context. USAID and previous COP experience strongly preferred;
* Proven track record managing multi-disciplinary development programs and teams, engaging effectively with stakeholders (including national-level governments, the private sector, local organizations), fostering collaborative learning and adaptive management, and integrating social inclusion with women, youth, and other vulnerable populations;
* Professional fluency in English required; knowledge of Bahasa strongly preferred;
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and any additional requested documentation, if noted, as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.