Job Title: Chief of Party
Department/Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
IBTCI is currently seeking a Chief of Party to lead and manage the upcoming USAID/Ethiopia Supporting the Electronic Health Information Systems (eHIS) in Ethiopia to Improve Health Outcomes Activity. The Chief of Party (COP) will be the principal point of contact in Ethiopia for procedural and substantive matters. The COP will coordinate and ultimately be responsible for results under this activity. The COP will be the primary liaison with USAID/Ethiopia and the Government of Ethiopia (GOE) on technical matters. The COP will be responsible for responding to the COR and USAID/Ethiopia’s Contracting Officer. The COP will also be responsible for ensuring control and the overall responsiveness of technical assistance provided under Contract. This activity will provide technical assistance to the GOE and its donors and stakeholders to improve health data systems and utilization. The anticipated period of performance of this activity is 5 years with an estimated start date of December 2018. Ethiopian nationals are encouraged to apply.
The position is contingent upon a successful award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall vision, leadership and strategic direction for the activity conducive to high performance and achievement of high-quality results as expected by USAID/Ethiopia and IBTCI.
- Provide management support and technical oversight of the activity.
- Coordinate and collaborate with USAID/Ethiopia, other donors, and Government of Ethiopia stakeholders in health and other health-related sectors.
- Adhere to USAID, IBTCI and local rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures (including USAID FARS and ADS).
- Deliver high-quality outputs in accordance with an agreed upon activity work plan and timeframe.
- Supervise the project team consisting of key personnel and support staff fostering high levels of performance within a collaborative working environment and high morale.
- Manage financial and administrative resources including monitoring the activity budget and assuring compliance with USAID contractual provisions and local laws and regulations.
- Maintain open and effective channel of communication with USAID, IBTCI home office Project Director and support staff.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between IBTCI and USAID/Ethiopia in order to maintain transparent, realistic, and satisfactory expectations throughout entire implementation of the activity.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience interacting with senior U.S. government officials.
- Experience interacting with senior Ethiopian government officials preferred.
- Work experience with PEPFAR 3.0, SIMS, data reporting, and DATIM is highly desirable.
- Proven technical skills in applied research and evaluation for global health programs.
- Experience in managing and leading the implementation of capacity building strategies and approaches for public health interventions in low-resource settings.
- Demonstrated skills in effectively negotiating with host governments, regional institutions, donors including UN agencies and USAID, national governments, local organizations, and other partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully manage and contribute to the professional growth of staff in a multi-cultural setting.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in national health data systems, data management and use, or social science research
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing, and implementing large international development projects with similar depth and complexity to this RFP
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host governments, international donors, and implementing partners
- Significant experience with USG- or USAID-funded activities or other internationally funded activities
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including evidence of quality report writing and presentations. Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines with quality products
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Education: A minimum of a Master’s degree in a related field
Working Environment: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 25 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Limited international and/or regional travel may be required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and has implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI has served governments, private sector companies and several donor agencies in the practice area of Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including health, education, environment & economic development and crisis, conflict & governance.