Banyan Global is recruiting a Chief of Party for the upcoming, five-year USAID-funded global Frontier Health Markets (FHM) Program. FHM is a proposed suite of activities with the objective of increasing private health sector contributions to advancing voluntary family planning and other health outcomes, including maternal, newborn, and child health; malaria; TB; and HIV/AIDS. Key strategies will include improving access to capital for local, market-oriented solutions for voluntary family planning and other healthcare in order to strengthen the capacity of the private sector and functioning of health markets; as well as building the capacity of local market actors and innovators in the health sector with business skills development. It will support private health care businesses to scale tested models, launch new service delivery lines and products, expand to new markets, and innovate.
The position is full-time and based in Washington, DC.
· Provide technical and administrative leadership and expertise and serve as the primary authority for all decision making related to the FHM Program activities.
· Supervise activity implementation and ensure the activities meet all stated goals and reporting requirements.
· Liaise with USAID on management and technical matters.
· Lead coordination with USAID and other key stakeholders and partners.
· Oversee development and implementation of strategy for building capacity of local market actors and innovators in the health sector with business skills development to scale tested models, launch new service delivery lines and products, expand to new markets, and innovate as well as to access private financing.
· Oversee design and implementation of strategy for improving access to capital for local, market-oriented solutions for voluntary family planning and other healthcare in order to strengthen the capacity of the private sector and functioning of health markets.
· Oversee design and implementation of innovative financing techniques to increase access to and/or provide initial capital for local micro, small and medium-sized health enterprises.
· Work to ensure sustainability of FHM activities and partners after the life of the project.
- Postgraduate degree in finance, business, global health, or other related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in international development, finance, business support/enterprise development, global health, or other related field.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading interventions to strengthen private sector health markets, including business support for private health enterprises and financing.
- Relevant management, supervisory, and technical experience working with programs of a similar scope and size.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, and supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; proficiency in another language, especially French or Spanish, is preferred but not required.
- Experience as a chief of party on large USAID-funded projects.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: health, finance and investment, enterprise development, gender, youth, and evaluation and learning.