Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Chief of Party to support the USAID Georgia Information Integrity/Countering Disinformation program. The purpose of this program is to build a platform for stakeholders to coordinate efforts in countering disinformation; strengthen the capacity of local actors to put out fact-based messages, and diagnose, track, and respond to disinformation.
This is a full-time position based in Tbilisi, Georgia. The start date is October 2020. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide overall program management, including strategic vision and field team leadership; development and implementation of work plans, oversee operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; liaise with the USAID mission, government officials, other donors and partner organizations; mitigate program risks, and ensure achievement of program results and objectives.
- Serve as the main point of contact with USAID, sub awardees, partners, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with program grant terms and all relevant US Government and Georgian regulations.
- Ensure the completion of timely deliverables, including but limited to work plans, M&E plans, quarterly reports, and technical reports. Ensure deliverables meet USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Mentor local staff to enhance capacity, actively contribute expertise to the project, and provide strategic and operational direction.
- An Advanced degree in public affairs, democracy, strategic communications, or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in successfully managing complex international development projects.
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing USAID projects in the region and dealing with a similar subject manner.
- Experience designing and implementing public affairs, democracy, strategic communications, and/or media activities.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, management, capacity building, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively with a wide range of staff and stakeholders.
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills and experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing USAID grants in Georgia.
- Experience living and working in Georgia.
- Fluency in spoken and written Georgian.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.