Job DescriptionAbout Us
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management
DevTech is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) in preparation for the upcoming USAID/Honduras Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) activity. This is a demand driven activity to provide USAID/Honduras with project and activity evaluation, performance monitoring, knowledge management, communications, and performance management support services. Additionally, this activity will inform monitoring, evaluation, and learning throughout all program stages to support USAID’s focus on adaptive management to increase developmental effectiveness. The activity will include three components:
- Design, implement, and disseminate evaluations, assessments, surveys, and monitoring analyses.
- Support facilitation and intentional CLA use among USAID stakeholders; and
- Technical assistance to measurably increase MEL capacity among USAID staff, implementing partners, local organizations, government counterparts, private sector, and academia.
The COP will be responsible for leading and managing the overall project in Honduras. The COP will work closely with Mission leadership team, the Program Office, technical office team leads, and other COPs managing Agency projects. Additionally, s/he will work with national-level government stakeholders to develop professional relations with recognized policymakers, administrators, social scientists, and development professionals.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in an interdisciplinary area such as international development, international relations, business, economics, or a related field.
- Experience in applied work in MEL/CLA, social science research, and economic analysis.
- Knowledge of MEL/CLA methods including, but not limited to, results framework construction, indicator development, survey design, statistical sampling, and quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Progressive experience managing high-performing teams in international development settings.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, management, and presentation skills.
- Strong multicultural, interpersonal and supervision skills.
- Enthusiastic, charismatic, collaborative, with professional credentials to establish close, trustful relations to pursue earnest organizational learning with Mission staff and leadership, including the Mission Director’s Office.
- Experience leading or supporting large-scale evaluation activities including performance evaluations, impact evaluations, assessments, or special studies.
- Experience working in Central America required, and experience in Honduras preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, written and spoken.
About the Organization
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.