Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Palladium is seeking Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID/Indonesia Improving Local Governance and Service Delivery project. This initiative will aim to improve service delivery, in particular improving quality service delivery, local government capacity to manage governance processes of key services, and enhanced oversight mechanisms that provide for improved and accountable services. Specific service delivery areas of focus are health, education, and environment.
The Chief of Party is responsible for the overall technical and administrative leadership of the project. S/he is the primary liaison with USAID/Indonesia and all other stakeholders and organizations. The COP will take a leadership role in coordinating ensuring that all components, cross-cutting teams, and operations teams are working in tandem and that there is close coordination with USAID/Indonesia, other donors, the private sector, government institutions, and local and international organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of annual work plans with team members, identifying changes as necessary and building client and key stakeholder buy-in at all stages of the process
- In the context of proposed methodologies and approved work plans, provide intellectual, strategic leadership, technical input and management support to achieve contractual objectives and targets in all project activities.
- Provide oversight and leadership on all technical activities, designing activities based on best practice and appropriate successful methodologies, integrating local context.
- Oversee and take an active role in maintaining the overall technical quality and integrity of project deliverables and outputs
- Maintain effective and open communication throughout the project with Client, Project Director, project operations teams, and other relevant stakeholders
- Actively build relationships with project partners and potential partners in the private sector, government, and civil society to advance project objectives and implement core methodologies
- Provide clear guidance to Component Leaders and other project staff to focus and prioritize activities where they will have the highest likelihood of producing contractually mandated targets/results.
- Cultivate a positive and motivating environment for staff at all levels through communication, team building, and responsiveness
- Execute contract in compliance with contract provisions.
- With the support of the Project Operations team, oversee and maintain compliance in the management of contract finances (budget and funds), including grants under contract.
- Degree in political science, law, economics, finance, business, or closely related field
- At least 10 years’ experience in government capacity building, public sector reform, governance, decentralization and local governance, or other key areas
- Proven experience working on donor funded activities (USAID preferred)
- Previous Chief of Party or senior leadership experience on large-scale, complex USAID governance
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Bahasa Indonesian is strong preferred
- At least 5 years’ experience in governance reform in Indonesia or Asia region preferred
About the Organization
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations.
Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars: • International Development • Strategy Execution Consulting • Impact Investment • Training and Events We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.