Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for the anticipated USAID/Jordan Economic Reform Activity (ERA) IDIQ. The purpose of the ERA IDIQ is to support overall self-reliance by enabling Jordan to prioritize and implement its economic reform agenda, as detailed in Jordan’s 5 Year Reform Matrix, Renaissance Plan, and other relevant documents, to increase private sector competitiveness and increase economic opportunities across the country.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for overall implementation, results, and management for the IDIQ. He/she is the team’s interlocutor with USAID and is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive relations with counterparts across the different regions of Jordan, as well as with the consortium of subcontractors. The COP is the final implementing team authority on management issues including staff, logistics, financial accounting and security.
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, public administration, law, or other relevant field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience)
- Minimum 10 years of experience implementing complex economic growth or policy reform projects in developing countries, of which five years was overseas in a senior leadership capacity of a project that involved managing a team
- Experience working collaboratively with host country governments and the local private sector, and coordinating activities with those of other donors
- Experience developing responses to Requests for Task Order Proposals
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience, such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement
- Experience managing projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures
- Experience in the Middle East or North Africa
- USAID experience preferred
- Arabic language skills preferred
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long-standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.