Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID/Kenya Countering Violent Extremism (CVE) project. The program empowers communities and government institutions to take the lead in CVE. The project will build CVE knowledge and skills among at-risk populations and empowers local, sustainable CVE networks to take action to address violent extremism.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project based in Nairobi, Kenya. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide overall program management, including strategic vision and field team leadership; development and implementation of work plans, oversee operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; mitigate program risks, and ensure achievement of program results and objectives.
- Serve as the main point of contact and build relationships with USAID, USG and Kenyan government officials, local community leaders and key interlocutors, donors and partner organizations, sub awardees and civil society organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Foster and identify strategic opportunities to connect national government, county government, religious figures, civil society organizations, and activists working in the CVE space.
- Ensure the completion of timely deliverables, including but limited to work plans, M&E plans, quarterly reports, and technical reports. Ensure deliverables meet USAID quality control/assurance standards.
- Mentor local staff to enhance capacity, actively contribute expertise to the project, and provide strategic and operational direction.
- Bachelor’s degree in peace studies, conflict resolution, international development, international law, counterterrorism, criminal justice, sociology, or related field; Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated experience managing complex international development projects.
- At least five (5) years of experience in managing USAID projects in the region and dealing with a similar subject manner in leadership roles.
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively with a wide range of staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, management, capacity building, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills and experience.
- Fluency in English, proficiency in Swahili preferred
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.