The Lebanon Trade and Investment Facilitation (TIF) project will facilitate the export of Lebanese goods and services to generate foreign exchange through investments that simultaneously promote job creation, income generation, and improved livelihoods throughout the country. TIF has three objectives: 1) increased exports of Lebanese goods and services, 2) investment facilitation leading to increased domestic investment, and 3) improved business and investment enabling environment. Communicating results through outreach and sharing knowledge with private and public sectors is a crosscutting objective.
The Chief of Party (COP) for Lebanon TIF will lead all aspects of contract performance, provide technical guidance on all tasks under the contract, and represent project activities to outside audiences.
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
The COP is responsible for:
- Leading the strategic planning of the project, including annual work planning;
- Ensuring close coordination with the USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) to ensure project tasks are completed in close partnership with USAID, identify program opportunities, resolve program challenges, and discuss potential program barriers;
- Engaging with program partners in the private sector, business associations, universities, and donor communities;
- Ensuring that the project provides appropriate, timely, and accurate results reporting and performance monitoring;
- Making key decisions and solving problems in short timeframes, while ensuring close collaboration and teamwork among TIF staff;
- Day-to-day operational oversight and administration of the project.
- A Graduate degree or equivalent in a relevant field to the technical direction of TIF;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of recent experience (within the last 15 years) related to private business, trade, and investment, including engagement in or facilitation of business transactions;
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent management experience for projects including private sector with similar magnitude and complexity;
- Demonstrated ability to bring staff together and demonstrated leadership toward achieving results;
- Proven ability to perform and achieve results in challenging or non-permissive environments;
- Strong interpersonal, managerial, and written communication skills;
- Oral and written fluency in English (Foreign Service Institute proficiency level IV). Arabic is preferred but not required. French is preferred but not required.
Location and Reporting:
The COP will be based in Beirut, Lebanon and will report to the DAI home office-based TIF Project Team Director (PTD).
About the OrganizationDAI delivers development. We do it in many of the world's most demanding environments, by integrating a broad range of disciplines. Over 40 years, our employee owners have built a forward-looking company — one that combines innovative thinking, deep technical knowledge, and professional project management. We approach our work with passion, analytical rigor, and open minds. By freely sharing what we learn, we have built a reputation as thought leaders who translate good ideas into action and action into results. Our global team of 1,500 development professionals welcomes each opportunity to solve a new problem, no matter how difficult. That's how DAI has earned the trust of the clients, partners, and people who work alongside us all over the world.
DAI Advancing Human Prosperity SM
More Jobs from this Organization