Dexis is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID project that is expected to improve the quality of public interest information available to Macedonia’s citizens by developing the reporting skills and ethics of independent journalists while fostering a culture of media entrepreneurship to build journalistic freedom and financial sustainability. This is a long-term position expected to start in April 2019. This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide overall program management, including strategic vision and field team leadership; development and implementation of work plans, overseeing operational budgets and performance monitoring plans; liaising with the USAID mission, government officials, other donors and partner organizations; mitigating program risks, and ensuring achievement of program results and objectives
- Supervise the management of grants, including approving applications, signing agreements, and approving payments
- Serve as the main point of contact with USAID, subcontractors, partners, and other stakeholders
- Ensure compliance program contract terms and all relevant U.S. Government and Macedonian regulations
- Prepare annual work plans, quarterly reports, and other deliverables
- Mentor senior project staff
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in business administration, political science, international relations or a related field
- At least seven years’ experience in international development, including experience in managing complex USAID-funded projects
- Excellent financial and personnel management
- Excellent oral and written communications ability
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking, management, capacity building, facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience designing and implementing media awareness activities
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills with demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively with a wide range of staff
- Previous development experience in Macedonia strongly preferred
- Previous experience dealing with a similar subject manner
- Experience with local CSOs strongly preferred
- Fluency or professional level Macedonian desirable
- Prior experience serving as a Chief of Party, Project Director or Country Director
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.