MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Support Project. This anticipated project is a follow-on to a current contract that supports the achievement of USAID/Nepal’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its development objectives; it assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. MSI anticipates the follow-on to continue providing these services, resulting in strengthened monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) systems at USAID/Nepal and enhanced MEL capacity of local entities to improve accountability and increase the use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This will likely be a 5-year project scheduled to begin after April 2020.
MSI is seeking a Chief of Party with experience in international development projects and strong familiarity with monitoring and evaluation. The ideal candidate will have at least 15 years of experience in international development, preferably with USAID projects. The position will require managing monitoring and evaluation work across Nepal from an MSI office in Kathmandu.
- Serve as primary point of contact with USAID, consulting with USAID on the design of monitoring and evaluation assignments under the contract.
- Provide overall leadership for the implementation of the project while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements and regulations and MSI policies and procedures.
- Oversee fulfillment of all contract delivery requirements including reports.
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and subcontractors to achieve project objectives and targets and ensure timely implementation.
- Oversee internal management of the project including budget, procurement and security.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, counterparts and stakeholders.
- Minimum 15 years of international development experience. Substantial technical experience in monitoring and evaluation of international development projects preferred, preferably for USAID or another donor.
- Master’s degree in public administration, international relations, economics, business administration, law or a related field.
- Prior experience as Chief of Party, Country Director or its equivalent, is preferred.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, management, resourcefulness and integrity.
- Experience in Nepal or the region preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.