EnCompass LLC seeks qualified Chief of Party candidates for an upcoming USAID activity. Sharing Environment and Energy Knowledge (SEEK) will support selected USAID E3 Offices to enhance development impact through a variety of activities, including: training, communications, knowledge management and facilitation/organizational development. This contract consists of a range of activities, with numerous counterparts and participants.
The Chief of Party shall be a senior level professional with environment, international development, and managerial experience. The Chief of Party will be responsible for managing, facilitating, and ensuring that activities and tasks are carried out within reasonable requested timeframes and meet quality standards. This position is full-time and located in Washington, D.C.
- Provide vision, strategic direction, leadership, and overall management to the contract
- Ensure activities performed under the contract meet the expectations as described in the statement of work for the range of tasks in this contract and are carried out within requested timeframes and meet quality standards
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for the USAID COR for all matters pertaining to the contract
- M.S. or higher degree in a field directly related to the statement of work
- Fifteen (15) years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing and implementing training or communications programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills
- Ten years of progressive supervisory work experience including direct supervision of professional and support staff; and assembling teams of professionals to respond to complex assignments
- Broad general and technical knowledge of the subject matter, i.e. biodiversity conservation, climate adaptation and mitigation, sustainable landscapes, energy and infrastructure, WASH, and water resources management
- Experience in developing training, communications, and knowledge management tools
- Skills to ensure coherence and consistency under tight deadlines, as well as a management approach that embraces flexibility, adaptability and collaboration
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
EnCompass LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About the Organization
EnCompass LLC is a women owned small business that offers innovative solutions for organizational excellence. We seek to enhance the impact and capacity of government and multilateral agencies, corporations, and nonprofits around the world through customized services in organizational and leadership development, training, technical assistance, and evaluation. EnCompass has a global and multicultural team of staff and consultants with deep expertise in a range of issues including health, HIV/AIDS, gender, democracy and governance, education, human rights, agriculture and food security.