CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID/Ukraine’s Monitoring and Learning Support (MEL) Activity. This will be a five-year activity to holistically assist USAID Ukraine and Belarus in its overall monitoring, and its collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) needs over the implementation of its five-year 2018-2023 Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS).
The USAID/Ukraine MEL mechanism has two key performance objectives:
* Support implementation of the Mission-wide Performance Management Plan (PMP) which includes monitoring strategic progress, project performance, programmatic assumptions, and operational context; evaluating performance and impact; and learning and adapting from evidence; and
* Support ongoing Mission monitoring and learning needs, particularly key processes and systems that may be updated, improved, consolidated; and build Mission capacity to improve data collection, processes, sharing, and sustain best practices. Assistance may also include facilitating workshops, conferences, and meetings, providing mapping services and supporting the Belarus Country Office.
* Provide vision and overall leadership to operations
* Ensure provision of timely, relevant, high-quality MEL services
* Provide leadership on the project by proactively engaging with USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders to provide effective MEL support, and to deliver high-quality services
* Identify adjustments in scope and operations to ensure that the project adapts to changes in need and context
* Provide quality assurance and responsiveness on all aspects of PMP implementation, including monitoring strategic progress, project performance, programmatic assumptions, evaluating performance and impact, and learning and adapting from evidence
* Serve as the primary point of contact to the USAID Contracting Officer and Contracting Officer’s Representative
* Ensure all USAID rules and regulations are followed
* Supervise and empower all technical and administrative project staff
* Collaborate closely with CAMRIS headquarters technical and operations staff
* Represent the Ukraine MEL team at local, regional, and international meetings, as required
* An advanced degree (i.e. MA, PhD) in management, international relations, statistics, economics, demography, political science, or other social science field is required.
* At least ten (10) years of demonstrated leadership, strategic thinking/planning, and management experience, and a proven track record of programmatic accomplishment, professional achievement, and management competence.
* Experience managing complex, multifaceted, multi-year tasks and projects/activities.
* Completion of high-quality products on time and within budget.
* Success with interpersonal skills, staff supervision, and mentoring.
* Familiarity with human resource, financial management, and procurement processes.
* Thorough technical knowledge in concepts such as monitoring, evaluation methods, collaboration and learning, adaptive management, indicator development, data collection and analysis, and performance reporting;
* Exceptional proficiency in written and spoken English.
* In addition, familiarity with Eastern Europe/former Soviet Union region (and particularly Ukraine) development issues, and Ukrainian or Russian language skills, is desirable.