Chief of Party, USAID/Vietnam Support Service Contract, Hanoi, Vietnam
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/Vietnam Support Service Contract will support USAID/Vietnam USAID staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and implementing partner’s (IP) capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) coordination, collaboration and learning. The contract will focus on a combination of services focused on monitoring, evaluation and learning and on capacity building for USAID and its implementing partners, particularly local Vietnamese organizations.
The chief of party (COP) will lead and manage MSI’s efforts to achieve the project results. S/he will provide vision and overall leadership to MSI’s operations and drive the achievement of project results by ensuring the provision of timely, relevant, and high-quality services.
- Facilitate the intended mutually supportive relationship between and among project results.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID on day-to-day project implementation and management issues.
- Supervise the work of all personnel assigned to tasks under the contract.
- Provide technical leadership on monitoring and evaluation and capacity building.
- Ensure timely, accurate and user-friendly reporting on the progress and status of all services provided under the contract.
- Ensure the USAID compliance and integrity of all project operations.
- Master’s degree in a social science, development studies or a related field.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively increasing responsibility in managing large comprehensive contracts of similar nature, size and complexity.
- Five (5) years of experience in monitoring & evaluation and/or capacity building preferred.
- Quality past performance references.
- Experience with USAID or another donor.
- Working knowledge of and experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations and procedures.
- Experience working on development programs in Southeast Asia is desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.