Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is seeking a Chief of Party candidate for the anticipated USAID Zambia Domestic Resource Mobilization opportunity. This program is anticipated to span five years and is currently valued at $10-25 Million. The proposed activity will help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of Zambia. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Chief of Party (COP) provides overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments. He/she shall act as the key liaison with USAID/ Zambia, Government of Zambia counterparts, key stakeholders, USAID implementing partners and other donors. The COP is responsible for overall implementation, results, and management for the activity. He/she is the team’s interlocutor with USAID and is responsible for establishing and maintaining constructive relations with counterparts, as well as with the consortium partners. The COP is the final field team authority on management issues including staff, logistics, financial accounting, and security. The COP should demonstrable success applying innovative, sustainable solutions in challenging environments, as the position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, and consistency under urgent deadlines.
- Advanced degree (Masters’ or PhD) in public finance, institutional economics, public policy, public or business administration, international development, or other relevant field.
- Minimum 12 years of relevant senior-level professional experience and at least five years of experience as Chief of Party (or equivalent) managing large teams working on domestic resource mobilization, public financial management, or tax policy in developing countries.
- Experience working in East and/or Southern Africa is required. Experience working in Zambia strongly preferred.
- Experience engaging government and non-governmental actors to improve domestic revenue mobilization and build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration is required.
- Experience working collaboratively with government and non-government stakeholders, private sector partners, research and academic institutions, and coordinating activities with those of other donors is required.
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management, human resources, procurement, subcontracts, accounting, performance monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management is required.
- Experience managing large complex projects and/or an office with culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other culture is required.
- USAID experience and understanding of key USAID priorities and in-depth knowledge of USAID policies and regulations strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills is required.
About the Organization
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.