DAI seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Uzbekistan Agribusiness Development Activity, a five-year project with an estimated value of approximately $15 million USD. ADA is a new agribusiness activity that will seek to capitalize on previous investments and advancements by increasing the quantity, quality, and diversity of goods and services made from various sources of agricultural production in Uzbekistan by private-sector firms. The activity will support an increasing role for Uzbekistan’s private sector, while enabling the country to create meaningful jobs in the formal economy for its burgeoning workforce, especially youth.
The COP will provide overall technical and operational leadership and expertise to the program and serves as the primary liaison with USAID on management and technical matters. The COP will lead and manage the multi-disciplinary team to achieve specific and measurable results and deliver expected outputs on time. S/he will establish the administrative framework to monitor and assure progress toward the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project.
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction of the entire program to ensure an integrated vision and successful achievement of program objectives;
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation and guide appropriate program adjustments;
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID, Government of Uzbekistan counterparts and community stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities;
- Lead annual work planning development process, implementation of workplan activities, and delivery of annual targets;
- Oversee multiple activities simultaneously, including hiring, training, mentoring, and supervising local personnel;
- Build the capacity of local staff in both technical and managerial skills; and
- Ensure compliance with local labor laws, USAID policies, and DAI policies and procedures.
- A graduate degree in agriculture, finance, economics, business administration or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in agricultural and/or market systems development, experience, preferably in Central Asia or elsewhere in the former Soviet Union, but experience in other areas may also be considered.
- Experience working with producers, rural stakeholders, and private sector entities.
- A strong record of successes in agribusiness development programs of similar size and complexity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with staff to set and achieve performance objectives.
- Strong communications and technical skills, fluent in English, with a preference for Russian language skills in addition.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience working as Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party or other management role on projects of similar complexity.
- Understanding and knowledge of USAID and USG regulations, administration, management, reporting procedures and systems is preferred.
This position is a 5-year assignment, based in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by December 15, 2019 for consideration.
About the Organization
DAI is an international development company. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. Currently, DAI is delivering results that matter in some 80 countries. Our development solutions turn ideas into impact by bringing together fresh combinations of expertise and innovation across multiple disciplines. Our clients include international development agencies, international lending institutions, private corporations and philanthropies, and national governments.