RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
The Chief of Party is responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary and diverse team of administrative and technical professionals. The COP is the point of contact for the client, USAID and Home Office as well as a variety of project stakeholders and in this role is chiefly responsible for pro-active, professional engagement with each to manage project activities to achieve demonstrable, positive results. The purpose of the project will be to assist the Government of Vietnam (GVN) in establishing an effective policy, regulatory, and incentive environment for low-emission growth in the energy sector, while simultaneously attracting public- and private-sector investment in clean energy development and energy efficiency.
MINIMUM TANGIBLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Senior level professional with extensive large scale program management experience in implementing clean energy programs, particularly in the areas of energy policy reform, low emission and green growth strategies (i.e. power generation from renewables, transportation and energy efficiency), electricity market design and regulation, or clean energy project development.
- International work experience in developing countries.
- At least a Master’s level degree in energy-related engineering, policy, business, finance, economics, or related field.
- Proven leadership in the administration of similar size international donor support programs with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting.
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams, as well as to develop a network of contacts among international donor officials, government, and non-government staff.
- Evidence of excellent skills in intercultural communications and proven experience in facilitating dialogue, coordination, and collaboration among energy industry, financial sector, donors, and government and demonstrated ability to establish strong working relationships with senior representatives of national and local government, the private sector and civil society.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and orally.
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience required.
- Vietnamese language skills are a plus.
- Previous experience as a project manager of a donor funded project is preferred.
- International work experience preferably in Southeast Asia, particularly Vietnam.
- A Ph.D. is preferred.
This is a contingent position based on contract award and customer funding.
About the Organization
Engility Corporation was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from “engineering” and “agility” and we employ great people who anticipate and move quickly to serve our customers. Engility has about 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers. At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the utmost of integrity, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Our core competencies include SETA support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics and international capacity development.