Position Title: Chief of Party
Position Type: Long - Term
Position Location: USAID Water Strategy Focus Countries (Afghanistan; Democratic Republic of Congo; Ethiopia; Haiti; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Lebanon; Liberia; Nigeria; South Sudan; Uganda; West Bank/Gaza).
ME&A seeks experienced Chiefs of Party for USAID’s anticipated Water and Development programs to support USAID missions, bureaus, and other operating units in implementing the U.S. Government’s Global Water Strategy. Anticipated programs will reflect the Agency’s strategic direction in the water sector, including improving health outcomes through the provision of sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) and managing agricultural water more sustainably and productively to enhance food security. ME&A, Inc. (formerly Mendez England & Associates) held the Water II IDIQ and currently holds the WADI IDIQ as a small business.
The Chief of Party (COP) is responsible for overall implementation, results, and management of the Task Order under the IDIQ. S/he will interface with USAID coordinating with Mission(s), public and private sector stakeholders, and other partners in the project country or countries, and/or with the USAID Water Office in Washington, DC. S/He establishes and maintains constructive relations with stakeholders, counterparts and others in the donor community throughout the project lifecycle and oversees a team of experts and support staff. The COP leads quarterly and annual reports and annual work plan preparation and oversees technical implementation. S/he ensures that project initiatives align with USAID’s Water Strategy and CDCS priorities and ensures the program is compliant with USAID and ME&A regulations.
- Lead program implementation, coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders, including government agencies at the national and community level, the donor community, local and international NGOs and CSOs, and all other project stakeholders.
- Recommend a management structure which identifies Key Personnel as well as all other expected project staff, including identification of roles/responsibilities and skill sets for each and their respective level of effort.
- Oversee program administration, operations, and budget management, aligned with ME&A and donor policies and regulations.
- Coordinate and communicate with USAID for timely submission of all written reports and other deliverables, and to ensure quality control and overall responsiveness to meet the program objectives.
- Serve as a critical team member or leader in a project unit, mentoring individuals, and collaborating closely with other management staff for effective supervision of at least one complex project.
- Negotiate and collaborate with host government officials, other USAID staff, local organizations, private sector representatives, local community leaders, and other stakeholders.
- Apply adaptive management and learning in evaluating program results and impact, instituting adjustments to replicate and scale successful activities and course-correct ineffective activities.
- Manage contracts and internal controls, monitor project progress and the achievement of results, and meet all contract deadlines including reporting requirements.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A’s staff of professionals are dedicated to pursuing excellence in the principles, practices and processes of their professions. We are a client-oriented organization committed to upholding the highest of professional standards and being a responsible corporate citizen.
We believe in creative teaming with other partners, maintaining strong professionalism and ethics in meeting our objectives, and utilizing our multicultural skills to better understand and communicate with our clients. ME&A pursues and embraces our client’s organizational and programmatic goals. We work as a team, whereever appropriate, to bring collective knowledge to bear in creating developmental solutions.
ME&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer.