Global Communities is seeking an experienced Chief of Party for an anticipated two year 10M-25M USAID-funded Water Pipe Network Expansion and Provision of WASH Services in Health Facilities project in Liberia.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for the overall management of the project, ensuring active communication with USAID and other counterparts, high quality implementation of project deliverables, and effective risk mitigation and management.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provide leadership, direction and supervision to project staff, subcontractors and consultants.
* Lead regular work plan, budget and implementation reviews to facilitate the cost-effective and timely achievement of contract deliverables.
* Ensure project activities are completed in compliance with USAID rules and regulations and contract requirements.
* Oversee the production and submission of timely activity and financial reports to USAID, effectively and accurately communicating project progress, achievements, challenges and utilization of funds .
* Act as the primary point of contact with USAID, government counterparts, and other critical in-country stakeholders.
* Build and maintaining strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, subcontractors, suppliers and partners.
* Represent Global Communities and program interests as necessary and appropriate.
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or a related field. Masters preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years senior leadership experience managing complex, donor funded development programs. Experience managing USAID-funded programs required. Experience implementing USAID contracts preferred.
* Minimum of five years of experience implementing donor-funded programs in WASH infrastructure engineering and development. Experience with WASH infrastructure in Health Facilities preferred.
* Proven ability to coordinate with key stakeholders such as governmental and non-governmental organizations.
* Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English;
* Prior experience in West Africa strongly preferred.
* Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.