We are seeking a Chief of Party for the upcoming USAID West Africa Municipal WASH program.
Project Goal: To strengthen the ability of municipal governments and urban water and sanitation service providers to expand and improve sustainable equitable water and sanitation services through enhanced financial viability, operational reliability and transparency in Benin and Cote d’Ivoire. Working with the national and regional institutions, the USAID/West Africa Municipal Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) activity shall support city governments and utilities to professionalize services, fill critical needs, and reach unserved populations.
The Chief of Party will be responsible for the overall technical and managerial leadership of the entire program, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the procurement. This individual will
- be the key liaison with USAID, the Governments of Benin and Cote d’Ivoire, and all other counterparts and implementing organizations involved with all key aspects of this project;
- identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments and
- offer solutions to complex governance challenges in Benin and Cote d’Ivoire.
Skills and Qualifications:
- S/he will have at least 10 years of experience in the management and implementation of water and sanitation and/or service delivery programs, democratic local governance and decentralization programs, and knowledge of local government strengthening, public administration, and citizen participation issues.
- S/he will be fluent in both English and French (spoken, written and reading), and have demonstrated the ability to work with cooperating partners in implementing a complex program in the field.
- Prior COP and USAID experience
- Prior experience in West Africa is a plus.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with donors.
- Education Requirements: S/he will have a master’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a discipline related to government, management, city planning, city management, engineering or foreign assistance development.
About the Organization
ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, develops tools and resources that advance professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide. Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates and resources for local government. Visit www.icma.org for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter: @ICMA - Latest News and Information about Local Government @ICMAMembers - Membership Updates @ICMAEvents - Annual Conference Information @ICMAJobCenter - Jobs Postings at ICMA @ICMA_311 - Information about ICMA's 311/CRM Services @ICMACityLinks - Information from ICMA International's City Links Program @LifeWellRun – Updates on campaign news and activities Check out our affiliate Twitter pages: @SolarOutreach - News and Information about municipal solar adoption @Brownfields2013 - Updates about the 2013 National Brownfields Conference Go to http://icma.org/socialmediaguidelines to learn more about our Social Media Engagement Guidelines.