Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender and women’s economic empowerment, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for a Jordanian Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded women’s economic empowerment and leadership activity in Jordan. The project will improve women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions, improve perceptions about working women and women leaders, and enhance the equitable and safe enabling working environment for women.
- Provide technical direction and strategic oversight of the women’s economic empowerment and leadership project.
- Lead project work planning, including obtaining guidance from public and private sector partners.
- Oversee all technical and management inputs.
- Ensure project objectives are executed under realistic and well-developed plans and interventions.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders.
- Supervise responses to donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual program reports and other deliverables as specified in the project contract.
- Deliver high-level presentations to government and donors on women’s economic empowerment.
- Oversee all project operations and staff as well as financial planning and budgeting processes in collaboration with Banyan Global HQ management staff.
- Master’s degree in gender/women’s economic empowerment or another relevant international development field.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in the international development field managing USAID projects.
- At least 5 years of experience managing an international development team with at least 5 staff, with previous experience as a COP or DCOP on a USAID project preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in gender integration and women’s economic empowerment in Jordan.
- Knowledge of women’s economic empowerment constraints and opportunities in Jordan.
- Demonstrated representational skills in fostering relationships with partner governments, donors, and national and international NGOs and partners.
- Experience managing programmatic and financial reporting requirements.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Citizen or permanent resident of Jordan.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).