Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm committed to improving livelihoods through market approaches for a broad and lasting impact. The firm is headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: gender and women’s economic empowerment, finance and investment, enterprise development, youth, health, and evaluation and learning.
Banyan Global is recruiting for an international Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded women’s economic empowerment and leadership activity in Jordan. The project will improve women’s access to job opportunities and leadership positions, improve perceptions about working women and women leaders, and enhance the equitable and safe enabling working environment for women. This will be a long-term, overseas position based in Amman, Jordan.
- Provide overall leadership of the project to ensure it meets and exceeds targets.
- Manage key relationships with USAID as well as with other stakeholders and partners.
- Oversee project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Provide technical direction and leadership in the areas of gender equality and women’s economic empowerment, policy reform, and social norms/behavior change.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in gender and women’s economic empowerment.
- Knowledge and experience with gender and women’s economic development programming in Jordan.
- Experience leading and managing USAID-funded programs.
- Experience in workforce development, policy reform, and social and behavior change programming.
- Excellent project management, communication, writing, and computer skills in English.
- Ability to negotiate, manage, and build partnerships.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Advanced degree in gender, social inclusion, or international development with an emphasis on economic development.
- Fluency in English and knowledge of Arabic.
Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply to the position through our website, https://banyanglobal.com/careers/, and include a cover letter and resume in your application. No phone calls please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm headquartered in Washington, DC with staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).