We are seeking international development professionals and exceptional managers to lead donor-funded opportunities in the technical areas of our global practice and represent ACDI/VOCA in countries of project implementation. Eligible candidates must have experience managing USAID-funded projects as Chief of Party.
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management.
- Manage and supervise work of all international consultants, local project staff and subcontractors.
- Ensure day-to-day technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, the scope of work, and annual work plans.
- Serve as the project’s key liaison with headquarters, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regard to day-to-day implementation and management matters relating to the contract.
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision.
- Oversee preparation and supervision of project work planning, budgets and pipeline analyses, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Evaluate sub-contractor and grantee activities through consultative meetings, site visits and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that the activities and results are implemented in a timely manner within the approved budget.
- Make verbal or written presentations as requested by the client to varied audiences.
- Coordinate activities and prepare annual results report, resource requests, quarterly reports and pipeline analyses; coordinate with HQ on development of profiles, success stories, etc.
- Assure that assistance provided under the award is technically sound and appropriate for the needs to be addressed and for adequately managing and supervising the work of all staff in country.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively increasing responsibilities in complex management roles in international development.
- At least 5 years of Chief of Party experience is required. Experience as Chief of Party on a large, complex USAID-funded contract is preferred.
- Proven ability to effectively work in multicultural societies.
- Proven ability to collaborate successfully with host-country government officials, international donors, and private sector stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with the Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach is desired.
- Strong leadership and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across projects; flexible and creative.
- Foreign language fluency is desired.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.