World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party - WV Niger, you will have overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff. S/he will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. You shall have a keen understanding of the unique political dynamics and work collaboratively to support the various entities in Niger. You will manage a team of senior staff, sub-recipients, and engagement with stakeholders to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under the grant. The CoP is expected to have strong leadership qualities and management expertise.
- A Master’s degree in related field or equivalent qualifications in grant management and work history in developing countries.
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects.
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international assistance program requirements, preferably USAID Office or Food for Peace (FFP) policies, rules and regulations.
- Proven ability in the management of large integrated grant-funded projects in developing countries.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Fluency in English, Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Mandatory travels to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 19 JAN 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.