Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Chief of Party, Youth Development, The Philippines
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded Youth Activity in the Philippines. The envisioned activity will support the Government of the Philippines to improve basic education and life skills for vulnerable youth. The project will focus on engaging out-of-school youth (OSY) in workforce and community development activities, through provision of critical training and post-training support to OSYs such as civic engagement activities, entrepreneurship, and job placements. The illustrative activity outcomes may include: improved literacy, life and employability skills; strengthened local capacity to deliver education and trainings service delivery; and strengthened youth leadership and engagement.
ACDI/VOCA seeks a dynamic and progressive professional who brings technical expertise in youth development and education, including demand-driven skills training and vocational training, as well as proven experience engaging diverse stakeholders such as government agencies, education institutions, employment service providers, and young people, in effective capacity building and sustainability of the project interventions. The position will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and overall quality assurance of the project. The COP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and ACDI/VOCA regulations.
- Develop strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and overall management of the program in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives;
- Oversee program administration, operations, implementation, and fiscal management to ensure financial activity aligns with budget allocations, internal policies, and donor regulations;
- Ensure high quality technical leadership and oversight is in place for the program;
- Lead team to provide effective coordination and guidance among local government, country-wide initiatives, communities, NGOs and other key stakeholders;
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation;
- Establish compliance with US government regulations, procedures and ACDI/VOCA guidelines;
- Represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local ministries, and the country office team;
- Establish effective communication and coordination with personnel from the government in order to implement interventions and incorporate country-wide priorities;
- Oversee the program’s operational and analytical research, coordinate the publication and dissemination of results and ensure that research informs advocacy;
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where the project team strives to achieve excellence;
- Ensure reports, work plans, and other program deliverables are timely and of high quality;
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Master’s degree in Education, Social Sciences or Workforce Development, Development studies or a relevant discipline required; a PhD is preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant experience providing oversight on similar projects and technical activities is required.
- Strong understanding of issues faced by vulnerable youth in the Philippines related to education, employment, and civic engagement.
- History of positive working relationships with Filipino government institutions, civil society, international organizations, and donors; and knowledge of Filipino counterparts, individuals, and organizations active or interested in youth development, employment, and resiliency are highly desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership in knowledge management, organizational learning, and program monitoring in an international development context.
- Proven ability to understand client needs, develop appropriate solutions, lead large teams, oversee subcontractors, and manage complex programs.
- Experience with USAID regulations required.
- Demonstrated experience in Chief of Party or similar positions, guiding and providing quality assurance on complex activities.
- Regional experience in Southeast Asia working in a similar context is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations.
- Strong understanding of USAID Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach; experience with implementing CLA is desired.
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Please apply directly online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development, and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil societies. ACDI/VOCA has approximately 50 projects in 30 countries and total revenues of approximately $174 million.