KOMPAK is an Australia–Indonesia Government partnership working to reduce poverty and inequality in Indonesia, by supporting the Government of Indonesia (GoI) to improve basic services and economic opportunities for the poor and vulnerable. KOMPAK organises its work around three Outcomes:
Outcome 1: Local government and service unit’s better address the needs of users.
Outcome 2: The poor and vulnerable benefit from improved village governance.
Outcome 3: The poor and vulnerable benefit from increased opportunities for off-farm employment and economic development.
In implementing activities that will enable KOMPAK to meet the above outcomes, KOMPAK works across seven provinces with five counterpart GoI ministries at the national and sub-national level.
We are now inviting applications from suitably experienced professionals for the position of Chief of Program with the KOMPAK Program in Indonesia. The position is based in Jakarta for an initial period up until June 2018 with the possibility of extension.
As the COP, you will lead the management and implementation of the program, coordinate activities and communication between the components and the Senior Management Team, as well as high level representation to the Government of Indonesia (GOI) and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT). Broadly your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Continue to develop the Program Management Team into a high performing executive group who are both empowered and accountable for program delivery
- Building the capacity of the program wide team to ensure the program performs and delivers
- Partnering with Abt Associates to oversee preparation of program progress reports and plans to ensure they meet DFAT and Abt Associates corporate reporting standards
- Effective communications with DFAT on the progress of implementation and any issues that arise during its course issues arising during the course
- Close liaison with GOI officials to ensure successful management of the program
- Be responsible for the high level management of the KOMPAK work-plan
- Reporting to the Contractor Representative, this is a long-term in-country opportunity based in our Jakarta office and is classified as a D4 position under the DFAT Adviser Remuneration Framework (ARF).
This is a high-profile and substantive opportunity that requires outstanding team leadership skills and demonstrated extensive experience in leading large scale, complicated and complex, multi-sectoral development programs. The successful individual will be able to demonstrate skills and experience in these areas:
- Leadership of complex and multi-sectoral development programs
- Demonstrated skills on program management, planning and delivery, finance and other corporate requirements of DFAT and Abt/managing contractor
- Leading reform-focused programs in governance, decentralisation, community development, health or education
- Analytical, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences and produce high-level reports
- Thorough working knowledge of DFAT performance environment and engagement drivers
- Strong cultural awareness, preferably in Indonesia or a similar setting
- Bahasa language skills would be highly advantageous
- To be eligible to apply you will need a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in leadership roles such as Team Leader, Chief of Program or similar with qualifications in a relevant discipline.
For Further Information & Application Details
Please read the attached Position Description that contains the information for applicants document (IFA). The IFA contains information on the program, remuneration and benefits and the Terms of Reference. Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found here: http://abtjta.turborecruit.com.au/job/jobDetailsPreview.cfm?id=998612
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associates’ website and must include a CV and covering letter addressing the key selection criteria listed (maximum 3 pages). www.abtassoc.com.au/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Applications close: Wednesday, 27th September, 2017 (AEST).
We welcome and thank all applicants, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.