Established in June 2016, the Papua New Guinea - Australia Governance Partnership is an innovative governance initiative in Papua New Guinea, aimed at contributing to security, stability, basic service delivery and inclusive growth for all Papua New Guineans. The Partnership is responsible for the design and implementation of most of Australia’s future governance portfolio under the strategic direction and oversight of the PNG and Australian Governments. Abt Associates is the implementing partner engaged to manage the delivery of an array of partnership activities.
Abt PNG Management Services is a shared services platform supporting six partnerships that contribute to the Papua New Guinea - Australia Governance Partnership.
Abt PNG Management Services offers a range of benefits to these partnerships, including improved coordination and responsiveness, ability to leverage investments, management and operational cost efficiencies, consistency and standardisation, a greater capacity for sharing knowledge, analytics and learning, and performance assurance.
The Chief Operating Officer will provide leadership for the Corporate Services Division. The COO will report to the Abt Associates, General Manager, PNG and work closely with the Partnership Directors to provide strong operational management and guidance, ensure their programming requirements are met and ensure compliance with Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Abt Associates policies and requirements.
The successful candidate will bring:
- Masters level qualifications in Accounting, Financial Management, Public Administration or Public policy, with a major in accounting;
- More than 10 years’ senior management experience in the management of $100 million plus development programs;
- More than 10 years’ experience in the management of high volume, fast paced procurement and grant programs, funded by international organisations;
- Excellent knowledge of DFAT policies and reporting requirements, and Commonwealth Procurement Guidelines;
- Knowledge of human resources processes including strategic experience in workforce planning and performance management; and
- Ability to build effective teams, lead collaboration and cooperation and enabling coherence towards a clear vision and direction.
For Further Information and Application Details
Further information in regards to this opportunity can be found in the Position Description available from the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website at:
Applications should be submitted online via the Careers page of Abt Associate’s website, and should include a current CV, cover letter and a response to the key selection criteria, including questions of due diligence.
The closing date for applications is Friday 23rd March 2018 (midnight AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.