Mutahid is looking for a dynamic Chief Operating Officer (COO) to manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations and help the organization to achieve the strategic goals set by its Board of Directors. The ideal candidate would be a go-getter with an ability to work and thrive in a somewhat less-than-ideal environment and to “get things done”. S/he should also be comfortable operating in a relatively insecure, fluid and unstable environment. The right attitude is as important as, if not more, than the right aptitude; and dollops of passion, patience and persistence are needed. While remuneration would not be a constraint for the right candidate, more than the monetary benefits the biggest reward would be an opportunity to make a real and positive difference to the people that are looking for an opportunity to better their lives.
The key responsibilities are:
- To provide leadership, guidance and technical assistance to the operations team of MUTAHID in various matters, not limited to but including operational, product development/roll out, collections, target management, employee training
- To contribute, in the capacity of being member of the management committee of Mutahid, towards the overall progress of the institution
- To establish linkages and utilize effectively functions supporting the operations of the institution such as MIS, financial planning, analysis, etc.
- To be responsible for the operational reporting and operational forecasting/planning for the Mutahid development finance products and services
- To lead roll-out of new outlets, technologies supplementing development finance including Microfinance and SME
- To supervise training and capacity building programs, that are supplemental to ensure maintenance of high quality development finance portfolio/operations
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- At least Masters level educational qualification or equivalent.
- At least 5 years’ executive level employment experience in development finance sector, preferably in Afghanistan or South/Central Asia region.
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of Dari/Pashto would be a plus.
- Exceptional integrity, communication, leadership, team building and interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial skills pertaining to development finance sector.
- Good computing and analytical skills and up-to-date with technological developments in the development finance sector.
- Ability to work under pressure, timelines and in a challenging environment.
The application package, only acceptable in English language, should comprise your latest résumé and covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position, indicating the earliest joining date, if selected.
Interested candidates should submit their application package only via email with the subject “Mutahid - Chief Operating Officer” to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
About the Organization
Mutahid (meaning United in Dari/Afghan Persian) Development Finance Institution (Mutahid) Ltd., which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA), the apex microfinance agency in the country, was established in April 2011 in an effort to create one larger, stronger and sustainable, best practice MFI based on the core principles of ethics, ideas, and hard work by initially transferring good clients, quality staff and loan portfolio of six MFIs which were exiting the Afghan microfinance sector.
Mutahid currently employs about 300 staff, serving nearly 20,000 clients through eight branches in six provinces of Afghanistan. Mutahid offers a variety of loan products, including microfinance group and individual loans, Islamic products, and SME loans, and has a balance sheet size of over US$ 10 million. It is also a pioneer in the country in terms of the usage of digital financial services.