Project: Technical assistance for the implementation of the water supply and sanitation sector reform project, phase III
Position: Chief Resident Engineer (Senior Non-key Expert)
Engagement: Long-term (440 work days within 2 years, starting asap/July 2018)
Location: Nigeria (Plateau, Ekiti, Andamawa states)
Sector: Energy and Transport
Status: Ongoing project
The purpose of the programme of which this TA project is a part is “To improve water governance and institutional capacity for increased access to safe, adequate and sustainable water, sanitation and hygiene services in Adamawa, Ekiti and Plateau States”. The assignment is part of an activity providing Contract Management and Supervision of Works with regard to the programmes’ construction work and rehabilitation of Water Supply Schemes and Water Supply facilities. This will further increase access to safe water supply, adequate sanitation and hygiene promotion services in urban and small towns. The Chief Resident Engineer is heading a team of Resident Engineers and Site Inspectors in each of the three States.
Education and skills:
- Master degree in Civil Engineering/Water Engineering/Electro-Mechanical Engineering, or other related fields. In the absence of a Master degree, 10 years’ relevant experience in addition to the general experience required;
- Excellent writing and reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and team management skills;
- Excellent knowledge of applicable procurement rules (specifically for works) and PCM methodology;
- Knowledge of participatory planning and facilitation methodologies;
- Fluency in English;
- Computer skills – MS office.
General professional experience:
- A minimum of 12 years of professional experience in engineering;
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in implementation of water supply and sanitation projects;
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Work experience in Nigeria is an asset.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in relevant projects related to water rehabilitation/ improvement in urban areas/small towns (civil, electrical, mechanical works and installation of equipment);
- At least 3 years’ experience in leading large multi-national teams of experts;
- At least 3 years’ experience in supervision of water works contracts in urban and small towns;
- Experience with regard to feasibility planning, detailed designs, contract management and operation of water supply and sewerage systems;
- Experience in reviewing technical specifications;
- Experience in water supply network construction will be an added advantage.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org