Job DescriptionName of project:
Conservation and Sustainable Use of Biodiversity and Forests (KfW)
The Project concerns the establishment of new communal forests in the Amhara region adjacent to the “Borena Saynt National Park”.
- Conservation of the biodiversity of priority protected areas and of selected forestry and afforested areas
- Contribution to the sustainable use and to the improved livelihood of the local population and the country
Assistance to the PCU as well as to the relevant project implementing agencies at zonal and Woreda levels in the overall management and the related project activities, e.g. planning, implementation coordination as well as implementation supervision
Technical supervisory for the overall progress of the project: forest management standards and models, financial planning and the follow up of activities, procurement planning and implementation as well as overall logistical support for a smooth execution of the project measures
- M.Sc. in forestry or in another relevant discipline with an overall professional experience of at least 15 years
- Proven record and work experience with forest investment projects
- Practical work experience in projects or programs of natural resources management, in general, and integrated rural development and management in particular is another prerequisite
- Experience with participatory approaches to project planning, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation
- Long-standing work experience with managing projects and programs financed by international development agencies (preferably also projects and programs financed by KfW)
- Relevant experience in Ethiopia and good knowledge of cooperating organizations (Government organizations or NGO’s) of Amhara and on federal level would constitute an extra mark
- Excellent communication skills
The project will be located in the Amhara region.
If you are interested in this position and fully meet the listed criteria please send your updated CV in KfW format enclosed at your earliest convenience.
We kindly ask for your understanding that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and taken further in the selection process.
Project start date:
Project end date:
approx. 6 years
About the Organization
Specialists in developing and transition economies
GOPA is Germany’s leading development consultancy and member of one of the strongest consulting groups in Europe.
Since its founding in 1965, GOPA Consultants has successfully implemented over 3,000 management and training projects for national and international financing agencies as well as private industry in more than 130 countries.
Our reputation for excellence and efficiency is built on almost half a century of planning and implementing technical assistance projects in developing and transition economies.
GOPA invests in its personnel through regular professional training and intensive exchange of experience with leading German and European institutions. In particular, the majority of its staff members has been trained in EC/EDF procedures and procurement rules, and GIZ's management model "Capacity WORKS".
The net result: extensive and proven global expertise in development issues, and access to a qualified network of local specialists and partner organisations around the world.