Chemonics seeks chiefs of party for several anticipated USAID local governance and decentralization programs in the Middle East. The programs will assist USAID initiatives aimed at decentralizing governance and administrative functions, improving municipal services delivery, and developing public-private partnerships in support of municipal infrastructure development. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall project leadership and technical direction, ensuring that all assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Ensure compliance with USAID requirements and regulations, as well as Chemonics’ policies and procedures
- Manage relationships with USAID, municipal governments, and other local partners to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of program objectives
- Oversee the program’s financial and administrative operations
- Manage and supervise the work of program personnel, subcontractors, and grantees, with a focus on core results, achievement of work plan and targets, and timely implementation
- Manage preparation of all program deliverables
- Serve as the program’s official point of contact
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, law, or other relevant field
- Experience serving in a senior management position on local governance and decentralization programs
- Minimum seven years of experience as a chief of party or 15 years of relevant experience
- Experience with local government or decentralization projects; experience as a local government or city official a plus
- Long-term overseas experience, preferably in the Middle East or other unstable environments
- Experience managing large, complex USAID contracts
- Experience working closely with multidisciplinary teams of junior and senior staff
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Arabic language capability preferred
Send electronic submissions including your CV and cover letter (and references if applicable) to MENADGCOP@chemonics.com. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please include “Chief of Party” in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.