- Provide a holistic response to child protection matters for an Australian aid program
- Development of CP plans to address underage teenage pregnancy and child protection more broadly
- Development and delivery of relevant training materials
Child Protection Adviser
- Short Term Adviser up to 45 days to be completed within 3 months
- Dili, Timor-Leste
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) represents Australia’s long-term vision for enhancing human development in Timor Leste. It brings together the Australian Embassy’s (Timor Leste) diverse activities in health, education, water, sanitation, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection into a single program to maximise effectiveness, relevance and performance.
The Child Protection Adviser will provide a holistic response to child protection matters associated with PHD program implementation. The Advisor is expected to scope and map existing child protection regulations, laws and policies, implementing practice and procedures that currently exist in Timor-Leste; provide recommendations, develop internal standard operating procedures and training materials on how to address child protection issues that may be faced within the program. The Adviser will be responsible for:
- Detailed report outlining Timor-Leste systems in place including regulations, laws, policies and procedures relating to child protection, with focus on teenage pregnancy and PHD sector program implementation more broadly
- Recommendations for PHD and PHD’s implementing partners on how to address child protection issues, in line with Abt Associates and DFAT practice/policy, including available pathways for referral and action
- Development of comprehensive internal procedures and relevant guiding documentation for PHD and implementing partners
- Development of a training package in the form of slides, facilitation manual and related guidance material for training of trainers, as well as delivery of training to nominated ‘champions’.
The Adviser is to consult and engage with the Child Protection team, Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Abt Associates, with reference to relevant Child Protection policy and guidelines already established and in the development of all associated procedures and materials. The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor level qualifications in areas such as social protection, sociology or social work, psychology (particularly child psychology)
- Demonstrated experience working in child protection with deep knowledge of relevant legislation policies and guidelines in Timor-Leste, with familiarity with DFAT Child Protection Policy and guidelines
- Practical experience in analyses of child protection in Timor-Leste with deep understanding of the complexities in addressing child protection matters
- Exceptional writing skills with proven ability to provide high quality reporting, develop relevant procedures, produce quality training materials and deliver the required training
- Fluency in English essential and proficiency in Tetun-Prasa desired.
Further Information and How to Apply
Further information can be found from the Careers page of Abt Associates website at http://www.abtassociates.com.au/careers/job-search/
It is preferred that all applications should be submitted online via the Careers page listed above. Applications can also be lodged through PHD Human Resources email firstname.lastname@example.org Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and address the key selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday 25 June 2018 (midnight AEST)
We welcome and thank all applications, however only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
About the Organization
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
For more information about our company and what we do visit our website at www.abtassociates.com.au.