Job DescriptionPOSITION DESCRIPTION
Child Trafficking SpecialistLOCATION:
Manila, Philippines and other areas TBDDEPARTMENT:
Civil Society & EducationREPORTS TO
: Chief of PartyPOSITION SUMMARY:
The Child Trafficking Specialist will coordinate project activities to deliver high quality, survivor-centered services, protect the rights of the vulnerable and prevent child trafficking.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to the development of Philippines CTIP project strategy and work plans.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant local organizations, Government of the Philippines agencies, and private sector partners to improve referral mechanisms and services.
- Collaborate in activation of counter-trafficking committees (CTC), liaise with police and district governments, and other organizations to improve protection of survivors.
- Ensure that project strategies are in line with best practice and deploy innovative solutions to survivor assistance.
- Coordinate development and dissemination of materials and relevant tools to support awareness and service delivery.
- Assist in the development and dissemination of projects deliverables, including donor and other reports.
- Support the use of data for program monitoring, reporting and improvement, and for assessments and special studies.
- Integrate evidence-based practices in prevention and protection from other countries and adapt to the Philippines context.
- Prepare progress reports and maintain project documentation in adherence with Winrock and USG procedures.
- Contribute to quarterly and other reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Successful candidates will have detailed technical knowledge of TIP in the Philippines and a background in prevention of human trafficking, protection of child trafficking victims and rehabilitation/reintegration of child soldiers. Strong written and oral communication skills in English are also required as is familiarity and ease of access with key relevant government and nongovernmental stakeholders. EDUCATION:
Master’s degree in social work, international development, leadership, political science, or a relevant social science discipline.WORK EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years of professional experience providing services to survivors of human trafficking, child labor, and/or other vulnerable populations, including assessment of needs and case management to deliver psychosocial counselling, legal, health, and other support
- At least 2 years of experience as a program manager/specialist/officer with international NGOs or UN agencies on social protection projects
- Experience working with a wide range of diverse partners and stakeholder groups, including local NGOs implementing services, Government of the Philippines official from relevant national, provincial, and local agencies.
- Experience coordinating field activities implemented by partners through grants, including workplanning and monitoring of partner activities, provision of technical support for assessments, case management, data collection and reporting, and performance management of grant recipients.
- Knowledge of social, economic, legal and political context governing human trafficking in the Philippines, especially as they relate to child trafficking and child labor
- Strong technical background in social work, case management, trauma-informed care and comprehensive services for children and their families;
- Knowledge of relevant USAID or other US Government human trafficking initiatives, approaches and publications.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in English is required (Tagalog preferred).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software (Microsoft).
- Flexible, self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Experience working in the Philippines.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.