Citizen Engagement Trainer consulting opportunity in the Caucasus and the Balkans
Apply immediately, but no later than March 31, 2020
East-West Management Institute, Inc. (EWMI) invites applications for a Trainer/Consultant in Citizen Engagement as part of EWMI’s ongoing USAID-funded programs in the Caucasus and the Balkans. These programs aim to promote two-way dialogues between civil society organizations (CSOs) and their constituents, strengthen a broad base of citizen support for CSO initiatives, and strengthen civil society resilience in challenging contexts.
This is a short-term consultancy anticipated to begin in 2020.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience working in citizen engagement;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and innovative thinking;
- Knowledge of and experience in designing and implementing innovative strategies, tools, and tactics to reach and engage diverse audiences;
- Knowledge of and experience in designing and implementing effective constituent accountability mechanisms to build trust;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders across sectors, including informal civil society (e.g. civic activists, civic movements, citizen initiative groups);
- Expertise and experience in creative and engaging training/facilitating;
- Knowledge of civil society landscape in the Caucasus and/or the Balkans (preferred).
To apply: Please send (i) a curriculum vitae (two pages only), (ii) brief cover letter (one page only), and (iii) contact information for three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Citizen Engagement Trainer/Consultant” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please. EWMI will contact applicants for interviews or to request additional information. EWMI is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
About EWMI: Founded in 1988 as an independent, not-for-profit organization, EWMI promotes the rule of law, civil society, and free market systems globally.