DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
DevTech is recruiting in response to a recently released USAID request for proposals entitled, ”Latin America and Caribbean Learning and Rapid Response Task Order (LACLEARN),” which will contribute to improving USAID’s work in Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG) and citizen security/violence prevention through two primary work streams: 1) state-of-the-art, gender-informed analytical work, assessments, research and special studies; results management support; and training that contribute to sector learning in the region and build an evidence base for effective programing, and 2) targeted short-term technical and analytical activities in transition environments that require rapid response programming support until other funds, mechanisms, and actors can be mobilized.
Scope of Work:
DevTech is seeking a full-time Citizen Security/Violence Prevention Advisor who will provide technical leadership on any analytical or transition response activities focused on citizen security or violence prevention related issues.
· Must have a PhD, master’s degree or JD in political science, governance or another related field;
· At least 8 years professional experience working with the intersection of citizen security/violence prevention in DRG governance, rule of law, human rights etc), including: serving in key roles on a variety of DRG sectoral and related assessments or analysis teams; leading or working in teams engaged in special studies that relate to the DRG sector; serving as a peer reviewer of other studies; serving as part of a rapid technical assistance or rapid response team for transitional environments; and working on citizen security/violence prevention programming;
· At least 5 years of citizen security/violence prevention experience, include working in Latin America.
· Must have experience in academia and/or as an analyst, researcher, or related work that includes extensive analytic experience. As a result, must be able to conduct high quality and in-depth analysis of the political (and to a lesser degree economic and social barriers to democratic development and consolidation) and analyze new and emergent issues and phenomena on a variety of DRG topics and issues;
· Must be able to translate findings into recommendations that are actionable;
· Must be able to write in a concise and clear manner;
· Must be able to work independently or as part of a team;
· Spanish language proficiency is strongly preferred; and
· French/Haitian Creole proficiency a plus.
About the Organization
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.