IREX seeks qualified and dynamic Civic Engagement Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded youth development program in Bangladesh. The program’s objectives aim to bolster youth’s income, resilience to violent extremism, and to provide youth the skills and abilities to advocate for good governance and self-reliance. The Civic Engagement Specialist will build upon skills and empower youth to increase their employability, civic engagement, and contribution to the economic growth of Bangladesh.
Only citizens of Bangladesh or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall technical expertise and guidance as it relates to civic engagement of youth
- Lead development of and support programming focused on civic engagement and other related issues, responding to changing program results to ensure impact
- Identify and participate in youth-focused community events, trainings, and workshops
- Create and maintain strong relationships with youth-led and youth-serving organizations, civil society leaders, local government officials, and other stakeholders including private sector actors
- Contribute to documentation of program results and support the COP/DCOP in reviewing, compiling, editing, and formatting program deliverables related to civic engagement activities
- Communicate program results to IREX staff, donor representatives, partners and other relevant stakeholders to enable data and experience-informed decision-making
- Liaise regularly with IREX HQ
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bangladeshi citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in political science, public policy, international development, or in a related field of social studies
- At least seven (7) years of experience in civic engagement, youth development, preventing/ countering violent extremism (P/CVE), and/or civil society strengthening
- Strong preference for past USAID-funded project experience
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in positive youth development, civic awareness, and community improvement
- Experience in and ability to establish strong working relationships with youth, civil society, and other stakeholders, including government and local government officials, media, and international donors
- Thorough knowledge of the Bangladeshi political, social, economic, and cultural context
- Experience with program reporting and monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English
Please visit https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oKPPdfwl&s=Devex to submit your CV for consideration.
About the Organization
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.