The purpose of the Support to Civil Aviation Committee (CAC) buy-in activity is to develop the capacity of CAC to effectively implement its core responsibilities in line with national and international requirements. It is essential that CAC staff are equipped with relevant technical knowledge and skills to fulfil their core responsibilities so that CAC can effectively function as mandated by the law. An appropriate legal framework as well as policies and procedures for the implementation of these responsibilities must be in place, along with a clear description of CAC staff’s functions and duties.
This is a short-term consultancy, with an expected level of effort of approximately 30 days.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The International Civil Aviation Expert will be responsible for the following tasks:
· Carry out a thorough review of the existing legal framework, policies, and procedures related to civil aviation to identify strengths and detect any bottlenecks or inconsistencies that need to be addressed;
· Recommend revisions to the existing legal framework, and/or propose drafting of necessary laws, policies, and procedures that would improve CAC’s operations;
· Support the implementation of the recommendations and assist in the revision of existing legislation and/or drafting of new policies and procedures; and
· Support CAC in developing and implementing safety and security legislation, policy and guidance for: aerodromes; air traffic services; communication and navigation services; meteorology; aeronautical information services; airspace; aviation security; safety and security management systems.
· Advanced degree in engineering, law, economics, business administration, or a related field from a recognized university
· Minimum of five years’ experience in civil aviation sector or a related field
· Knowledge of ICAO and other relevant international civil aviation rules and procedures
· Prior work with donors or donor projects is preferred but not required
· Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships
· Excellent communication skills
· Fluency in English. Knowledge of Armenian is a plus, but not required.
About the Organization
International Development Group LLC (IDG) assists donors, governments, and the private sector to achieve sustainable, broad-based economic development and poverty reduction. IDG provides entrepreneurs and policymakers with the practical tools needed to make a real and measurable impact for their communities and their countries. IDG builds the capacity of individuals and institutions in the public, private, and not-for-profit sectors, fostering synergies between local knowledge and international experience.