General Scope of the Role:
We seek a dynamic professional for a fund management assignment implemented across West Africa. The successful candidate will be expected to apply industry best practice approaches in fund management.
Nature of employment:
Independent Consultant/ Subcontractor. This is a full-time role in Abuja, Nigeria but there will be regular field visits to the intervention countries.
The contract will be for a fixed term of three years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualification and Experience:
· A minimum of 10 years working experience in civil engineering.
· University degree in civil engineering
· Computer skills (MS Office, CAD software)
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Fluent in English and French (knowledge of Portuguese as an asset)
· Management experience
· Profound experience with the construction of communal infrastructure
· Experience with labour intensive construction
· Experience with public procurement procedures
· Experience in capacity building
· Planning, monitoring and supervision of small infrastructure projects, including coordination of various stakeholders (e.g. AGETIPs, NGOs, local government)
· Experience with the management cycle of investment projects in the context of financial cooperation (coordination of approval processes for construction works as an asset)
· Working experience in developing countries
· West Africa regional experience
· An exciting opportunity to work on fund management and development programmes in Africa
· Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams
· Competitive remuneration
Deadline for receipt of application is 10 August 2020.
To apply, please forward your cover letter and CV, giving details of your qualifications and experience quoting IDAS/CE.1/2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted*