Dexis is seeking a Civil Society/Access to Justice Advisor for an anticipated five-year Justice and Transparency Project funded by USAID. This will be a full-time position based in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The purpose of this project is to strengthen security and justice sector institutions to more effectively and efficiently investigate, prosecute, and adjudicate crime in order to reduce impunity in Guatemala.
This position is contingent upon award.
- Provide guidance and advisory support on access to justice and legal
- Support the establishment, monitoring and evaluation of socio-legal aid service in Guatemala
- Provide technical support to evidence-based revision of legislative, policy and institutional framework to support just sector reform
- Develop and deliver training programs on the development of systems and procedures for the revision of laws.
- Provide technical support to assist law faculties to develop and implement professional development program for law professionals
- Work alongside and with civil society organizations within the justice sector to build their capacity.
- A law degree or graduate degree in human rights, international studies, social sciences or a related field
- 7 years of professional practice in justice sector reform, human rights or legislative reform
- Previous experience working with local Civil Society to tackle justice sector issues.
- Demonstrated rule of law technical and comparative knowledge across a number of different countries and types of judicial systems, preferably in the Latin America and Caribbean region. Relevant experience in Guatemala desired.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in legal aid
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics, transparency, and accountability in program implementation
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish, native Spanish speaker preferred.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.