FHI 360 seeks a Civil Society Specialist/Advisor for a USAID civil society-strengthening program in Honduras. The purpose of this activity is to enhance the capacity of civil society to influence government decision-making.
Contributes to the Activity’s efforts to enhance the implementation of transparency and accountability initiatives and ensure that civil society and watchdog organizations are empowered to better participate, form effective coalitions, and engage in antiâ€corruption efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- Must have at least five (5) years of experience in strengthening and engaging civil society, preferably in Honduras.
- Must demonstrate ability to work with civil society organizations and vulnerable populations.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent Spanish.
- Prior experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others - and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.