Join Cardno in making a difference in Liberia. Cardno International Development is seeking a Civil Society Team Lead for the anticipated USAID-funded Liberia Policy Dialogue Project (PDP), a four-year program. The program will engage the new Liberian Administration to analyze, formulate and implement policy, regulatory and governance (PRG) reforms that support a competitive non-rentier private sector, through an inclusive and sustainable process.
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of Cardno professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we lift people out of poverty by improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure.
The Team Leads primary responsibilities are to provide the management and general technical direction of Component 3. The Team Lead will work to strengthen the policy analysis capacity of the Liberian civil society through building capacity of local think tanks with the aim of increasing third party participation in policy design. The Team Leader has good public relation skills to work with all the actors involved in the policy dialogue.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience implementing and managing similar donor-funded projects in transition and developing countries, with some Team Leader experience (USAID experience preferred);
- Demonstrated experience leading projects building capacity of SME, private sector and civil society around business environment reform and public private dialogue;
- Demonstrated experience increasing civil society’s participation in policy dialogue;
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as policy, economics, international relations, public administration or law. A BA/BS in a similar field is acceptable with at least 10 years of relevant professional experience;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse team of employees;
- Able to establish successful collaborative working relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, including private sector, government, local organizations, other donors, and media;
- Previous experience in Liberia or other English-speaking African countries preferred;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and fluency in English required.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 50-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.