QED is preparing to bid on the upcoming USAID Iraq Performance Management and Evaluation Services. The purpose of this program is to provide utilization-driven support in the areas of project/activity monitoring, evaluation, research, organizational learning, and knowledge management. The primary goal of this contract is to improve performance management at all levels to help the Mission meet Agency requirements, make better informed strategic and management decisions, and advance USAID learning on effective development approaches.
The Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA)/Capacity Building Specialist is a full-time contract position based in either Baghdad or Erbil, Iraq. It is expected to be a 3-year (with two potential additional years) project scheduled to begin mid-late 2020. Position is contingent upon award.
- Promote CLA Activities for strategic collaboration in order to identify possible program and context gaps at the strategy level as well as offer periodic opportunities to reflect on progress, such as after-action reviews and partner meetings to inform on possible adaptation changes
- Provide vision and leadership to the mission’s learning agenda; ensure the quality, timeliness and technological sophistication of services related to improving the integrity and usefulness of USAID/Iraq’s monitoring and reporting systems; ensure the quality, relevance, technological sophistication and timeliness of Contractor-provided evaluations, analyses and assessments; deepen USAID/Iraq’s existing learning capabilities and introduce improved avenues to learning
- Deliver learning results and track adaptations for lessons learned
- Lead Contractor contributions to USAID/Iraq’s efforts to deliberately draw contextual, programmatic and operational learning from its monitoring, evaluation, analytical and assessment efforts; and facilitate learning’s transformation into adapting.
- Plan and facilitate meetings, workshops, trainings, and presentations for USAID/Iraq and other staff and outside stakeholders, as appropriate
- Support a series of workshops and conferences to convene USAID staff, implementing partners, and local stakeholders in order to discuss challenges, share best practices, and foster collaboration on specific topics related to USAID’s areas of intervention
- Support Mission staff in aligning policies, practices and processes with lessons learned
- Collaborate closely with and manage other activity staff
- Ensure that all products and services meet USAID and QED quality expectations
- Minimum 8 years of international development and program experience, with substantive work in design, management, and implementation of learning programs, evaluations and assessments, data analysis, and performance monitoring
- Progressive experience in designing, implementing, and managing learning and adaptive management approaches at the Mission-level
- Advanced university degree in relevant subject areas, preferably International Development, education and/or social sciences
- Substantial technical experience in CLA or similar learning and adaptive management approaches of international development projects, preferably for USAID or another donor
- Prior experience working on USAID-funded programs in the U.S. or overseas preferred
- Experience working in the Middle East or in conflict zones preferred
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Evaluation Policy and ADS regulations
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic language skills preferred
- Iraqi citizens are highly encouraged to apply
About the Organization
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in more than 90 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.