QED is seeking a CLA/Communications Specialist to serve on the Jordan Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Activity (MELA). MELA will contribute to 1) ensuring that USAID’s development programs in Jordan achieve their intended results through an efficient and effective mechanism; and 2) building the institutional capacity of local MEL firms to assuming increasing management responsibility of MEL awards. The project will also provide support services for designing and conducting evaluations, monitoring performance, and applying learning and adaptive management, while ensuring sustainability through building the capacity of USAID and Implementing Partner (IP) staff as well as local stakeholders.
- Manage and support communities of practice for improved learning and collaboration (MEL-related, for IPs and USAID staff such as MEL conference, learning exchanges among IPs and others).
- Facilitate collaboration among IPs, such as information sharing sessions on indicator development and data reporting issues.
- Organize MEL Specialists and Sector working group meetings (IPs and USAID).
- Support the development and implementation of learning agendas with DO teams.
- Host sessions for knowledge sharing.
- Organize learning events and stakeholder meetings to share the results of USAID’s development initiatives to other stakeholders focused on evaluation findings or topical, sectoral assessments.
- Provide training on CLA to IPs, Mission Staff and local stakeholders.
- Support the development of CLA Action Plans with DO Teams, IPs or local stakeholders and see through implementation.
- Collect CLA examples from the field and share lessons learned.
- Support the organization of planning, mid-course stocktaking or pause and reflect sessions for CDCS or sector-specific achievements.
- Support, as needed, development of the future strategy.
- Support development and dissemination of learning information, such as:
- Organize public events to discuss MEL with the collaboration of USAID’s IPs and other stakeholders (i.e., Annual MEL Conference, Community of Practice Sessions, compiling lessons learned and sharing this information).
- Produce publications focused on USAID’s overall achievements in MEL (e.g. regular newsletters, briefers and visuals, etc.).
- Produce information catered to beneficiary communities, for example data retrieved through an evaluation or assessment.
- Create one-page syntheses of evaluation findings and recommendations.
- Capture MEL cases and videos for a Mission archive.
- Upload MEL reports on public websites as applicable, including the Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) and KaMP.
- Support IPs in disseminating information on research and data collected under their activities.
- Track and measure activity CLA and communications indicators for reporting purposes.
- Collaborate closely with other activity staff.
- Ensure that all deliverables and services meet USAID and QED quality expectations.
- A Master’s Degree in communications, social sciences, statistics, or related fields.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in designing, implementing, and managing learning and adaptive management approaches for a donor agency; preferred experience in CLA.
- Experience in the Middle East is strongly preferred.
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Experience in copywriting and editing;
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
About the Organization
The QED Group, LLC, is a full-service international consulting firm committed to solving complex global challenges through innovative solutions. We are determined to provide all our clients with best-value services so they increase their efficiency, learning capacity, and accountability to the public in an ever more complex and interconnected world. Through Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management practice areas, QED is working to maximize our clients' return on investment through accountability, continuous learning, and sound management.