The QED Group, LLC is seeking CLA Specialists for short- and long-term opportunities under the upcoming rebid of the USAID PPL Monitoring Evaluation and Learning IDIQ (EVAL-ME). The purpose of this IDIQ will be to provide USAID with technical and advisory services for evaluation, evaluation capacity building, and performance monitoring activities worldwide, at the Mission (operating unit), Bureau, and Agency-wide levels.
- Support communities of practice among MEL specialists and implementing partners for improved learning and collaboration.
- Facilitate collaboration among IPs, such as information sharing sessions on indicator development and data reporting issues.
- Organize MEL Specialists and sector working group meetings (IPs and USAID).
- Support the development and implementation of learning agendas with DO teams.
- Organize learning events and stakeholder meetings to share the results of USAID’s development initiatives to other stakeholders focused on evaluation findings or topical, sectoral assessments.
- Provide training on CLA to IPs, Mission Staff and local stakeholders.
- Support the development of CLA Action Plans with DO Teams, IPs or local stakeholders and see through implementation.
- Collect CLA examples from the field and share lessons learned.
- Support, as needed, development of the future strategy.
- Support development and dissemination of learning information, such as:
- Organize public events to discuss MEL with the collaboration of USAID’s IPs and other stakeholders (i.e., Annual MEL Conference, Community of Practice Sessions, compiling lessons learned and sharing this information).
- Produce publications focused on USAID’s overall achievements in MEL (e.g. regular newsletters, briefers and visuals, etc.).
- Produce information catered to beneficiary communities, for example data retrieved through an evaluation or assessment.
- Create one-page syntheses of evaluation findings and recommendations.
- Capture MEL cases and videos for a Mission archive.
- Upload MEL reports on public websites as applicable, including the Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC).
- Bachelor’s Degree in social science, international relations, international development or related field required; Master’s preferred.
- 8+ years with a Bachelor’s/6+ years with a Masters’ experience designing, implementing, and managing learning and adaptive management approaches for a donor agency; preferred experience in CLA.
- Excellent team management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English; strong oral and written communication in Spanish, French or Arabic strongly preferred.
About the Organization
QED is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in more than 90 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.