Job DescriptionRTI International is recruiting for a Clean Energy Finance Manager.• This person will implement and manage•technical tasks and assignments, lead projects and contribute to business development.
- Work on / lead certain tasks of power sector projects, especially in clean energy/renewable energy project development and utility transformation in developing countries or economies in transition;
- Conduct market and sector analysis covering financial, economic, regulatory and policy aspects of clean energy development;
- Identify, design and implement climate financing mechanisms; conduct assessment of past and current climate finance flows in project countries;
- Develop recommendations for increasing lending (by local or foreign banks) for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects;••••
- Support bringing clean energy transactions to financial closure;••••••
- Carry out due diligence of promising private and public sector clean energy projects;
- Conduct financial and economic project evaluation, including preparing cost-benefit analyses and financial models, and evaluate of technical and financial capacities of proposed project sponsors;
- Develop and recommend traditional and innovative financing structures, public-private partnerships, and risk mitigation instruments used by financing sources;
- Interact with project developers, utilities, government ministries, banks, investors, local communities, and other stakeholders involved with infrastructure project finance;
- Travel to project locations to execute technical activities and supervise staff;
- Lead technical teams, supervising in-house and consultant staff, ensuring schedule and delivery;
PROGRAM AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Write expressions of interest and technical approaches in support of proposal preparation and business development efforts;
- Develop the technical portion of marketing materials pertaining to clean energy finance;
- Promote the company in industry conferences, meetings,•and events;
- Prepare and edit project qualifications;
- Provide thought leadership in response to new developments in the clean energy financing field•
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as finance, business administration, engineering, or economics and 9 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of prior experience working in emerging markets, with in-country experience in at least two developing countries or economies in transition.
- At least 3 years of experience working on power sector projects, especially clean energy project development, utility transformation, or regulatory policy reforms.
- Experience related to the infrastructure project life cycle, traditional and innovative financing options, public-private partnerships, and risk mitigation instruments used by financing sources. Expertise in mobilizing private capital to achieve development objectives.
- Experience in integrating innovative business models for off-grid and distributed generation systems is a plus.
- Experience working on projects funded by USAID and other donor agencies is preferred.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams in different locations.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise with innovative financing structures being applied in developing countries.
- Expertise related to debt and equity instruments, risk mitigation tools, blended finance and guarantee facilities is also preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience communicate complex information to multiple audiences working in the international development space such as donors, governments, beneficiary organizations, subcontractors and consultants.
- Strong writing and business presentation skills, strong research, teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Excellent•analytical and problem-solving skills.••
- Must speak, read and write in English. Another foreign language fluency is a plus.
- Must be able to manage several tasks simultaneously and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Must work effectively under deadlines, both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to produce accurate and complete documents in a timely manner.
- Must have excellent listening skills and highly developed sense of responsibility and commitment to customer service.•
About the OrganizationIDG Learning, Energy & Environment for Development