Project: Nigeria climate change response programme - NCCRP
Engagement: 800 working days
Start: Sep 2019
Duration of the project: 48 months
The overall objective of the project is to support the development and implementation of Nigerian Climate Change Response Program (NCCRP) to guarantee country’s economic growth and development strategies while meeting its conditional 45% NDC targets by 2030.
The specific objective is to contribute to the creation of Nigeria’s GHG emission profile with the aim of pinpointing mitigation actions reducing energy use and costs in favor of renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions. This will be mainly achieved through the creation of sectoral MRVs (e.g. for energy and waste sectors) and a waste baseline.
Qualifications and skills
General professional experience
- As a minimum, a relevant university degree, preferably with an MSc, or equivalent in journalism, communication, international relations with special knowledge of IT and website systems.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated expert experience in preparing media and communication strategy, including lobbying and advocacy strategies.
Specific professional experience
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should demonstrate at least 12 years of relevant professional experience related to the subject matter of the current contract, out of which at least 5 years must be in an African country.
- As a minimum, the Key Expert should provide 3 project references in the last 8 years related to the climate change and/or environment and/or sustainable development, facilitating contact with media in preparation of international conferences, workshops and other relevant events at which project publications will be presented and discussed.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge and very good understanding of the international climate negotiation process and related mechanisms.
- Demonstrable deep knowledge in using networking to facilitate the development of public debated on topics presented in the publications, including but not limited to facilitating television and other media appearances.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in jobs requiring a deep knowledge on climate negotiation debate matured through participation at international meetings/fora on sustainable development and/or climate change.
- A minimum of 6 years of working experience in reforming communication system, in professional and organizational capacity development, including designing and implementing large scale training programs.
About the Organization
Human Dynamics is a leading European provider of consulting services for the public sector with more than 120 projects implemented in 30 countries worldwide. Currently, Human Dynamics and its 300 experts and consultants advise more than 40 ministries and public/government agencies worldwide. You are welcome on our website for more details: www.humandynamics.org