Clinical Director, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support – Bilingual (English and Spanish)
Devex is currently assisting an anti-poverty and social justice focused organization in search of a Clinical Director, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support. This role will be based in Columbia.
The Organization seeks a clinical director to provide overall direction and leadership for its mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) programs. The position entails responsibility for program planning, implementation, and evaluation and will work in close collaboration with the Country Director, Program Managers and the headquarter staff. This position will also be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and donors, and external representation and participate in relevant coordination and working group meetings. The clinical director will ensure that quality services are delivered that meet both ethical and global MHPSS standards and that the programs evolve to meet changing needs and succeed in achieving established strategic goals. Lastly, this position will be responsible for the capacity building of national MHPSS staff through training and supervision. The individual will report to the Country Director and will be based in Cali. The position also may involve national travel. Individual accountabilities and work volume will be established through the development of annual Success Objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guides the implementation of MHPSS programming and the methods of follow-up, with a focus on technical aspects and quality assurance through close monitoring and supervision.
- Provides technical supervision to MHPSS program managers, field coordinators, psychologists and social workers.
- In collaboration with program managers, ensures that MHPSS program components are implemented according to approved work plan to achieve program deliverables. Through strong planning and monitoring, identifies potential obstacles to programmatic success in a timely fashion, and implements corrective actions as needed.
- Ensures technical oversight and field-monitoring of the program staff in close coordination with program managers, notably to ensure quality control and adequate implementation of the planned tools and frameworks.
- Provides capacity building training and supervision to national MHPSS staff.
- Provides regular comprehensive program updates to Country Director as to program status, current and emerging issues.
- Oversees the recruitment of MHPSS staff as well as personnel and documentation follow-up.
- Attends relevant coordination groups and liaises with key stakeholders and donors as necessary.
- Contributes to proposal development for MHPSS programs in Colombia.
- Develops scopes of work, project deliverables and monitoring and evaluation indicators and targets together with the relevant HQ staff for grant and service delivery partners as required.
- As needed, contributes to the development of case studies of successes and lessons learned, and other publications to highlight the specific areas of expertise and value added.
- As possible, represents the organization and its projects in professional and public settings, and makes presentations at professional meetings and conferences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher in clinical or counseling psychology with a minimum of 5 years of post-licensure experience
- At least two years of experience implementing MHPSS programming in development and/or humanitarian settings, preferably in Latin America
- Experience/knowledge of mental health considerations and best practices related to the treatment for individuals impacted by displacement, conflict, torture and human rights violations
- Knowledge of MHPSS global guidelines and best practices
- Experience in program design and development including proposal writing
- Demonstrated ability to train staff and implementing partners on MHPSS and to provide clinical supervision
- Experience in development of output and outcome level performance measurement indicators and targets related to MHPSS
- Experience in MHPSS with children and adolescents preferred
- Experience with research preferred
- Excellent oral and written English and Spanish language skills required
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking preferred
About the Organization
Our client is a leading anti-poverty and social justice organization for 130 years. Their offices in nearly a dozen countries implement programs on a range of global human rights issues. Across all of its programs, they promote progressive, innovative approaches to human rights protections and gender equality.