Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The emergence of the COVID-19 global pandemic has posed new challenges to already strained health systems worldwide. With USAID’s support, the HP+ project is undertaking efforts in Honduras and other countries to help governments and stakeholders respond more efficiently and effectively to COVID-19. In Honduras, HP+ is seeking a dedicated, seasoned consultant to work as part of an international team to help manage, document, and advance capacity strengthening activities related to the COVID-19 response.
In collaboration with Ministry of Health (MoH), local partners and HP+ Activity, the consultant will undertake the following activities to strengthen case management in Honduras in relation to COVID-19 Pandemic:
- Coordinate clinical training for Intensive Care Units/Critical Care Units (ICU/CCU) staff and other hospital health workers.
- Support curriculum development and training on ventilator use and other ICU/CCU tasks.
- Develop a training plan for hospital staff on priority topics.
- Provide mentorship and coaching support to clinical staff working for COVID 19 assigned hospitals.
- In collaboration with international consultants conduct trainings on invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Support assessment of ICUs/CCUs and ensure timely completion of the assessment.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with MOH and related government entities as well as international and local partners.
- Work closely with HQ HP+ management and technical staff to enhance implementation of country activities.
- Identify areas of upcoming need and work with team to pivot accordingly. Facilitate quick problem-solving with any bottlenecks that might emerge.
- Medical doctor or nurse with at least 3 years’ experience of working in ICU/CCU units.
- Detailed understanding of ventilators and how to use them under different circumstances
- Deep of knowledge of ICUs and CCUs in public hospitals.
- Experience in training and capacity building highly desired.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and facilitation capabilities, with the ability to work alone as well as with multidisciplinary teams.
- Native Spanish language skills required. A Spanish speaker able to speak English is preferred.
- Relevant Education - 30% weighting
- Relevant Experience - 60% weighting
- Cost - 10% weighting
To submit your application, please email the following documentation to email@example.com
- Proof of Medical Degree
- Desired daily rate